Govt. Scheme: Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
The Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission will provide a
digital health ID to the people who will hold their
Features of the Mission:
- It is a digital health ecosystem under which every
Indian citizen will now have unique health IDs,
digitised health records with identifiers for
doctors and health facilities.
- The scheme will come under the Ayushman
Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
- It comprises six key building blocks —
HealthID, DigiDoctor, Health Facility Registry,
Personal Health Records, e-Pharmacy and
- The National Health Authority is the
implementing agency for the Ayushman
Bharat Digital Mission.
- The core building blocks of the mission is that
the health ID, DigiDoctor and Health Facility
Registry shall be owned, operated and
maintained by the Government of India.
- Private stakeholders will have an equal
opportunity to integrate and create their own
products for the market. The core activities and
verifications, however, remain with the
- Under the Mission, every Indian will get a
Health ID card that will store all medical details
of the person including prescriptions,
treatment, diagnostic reports and discharge
- Health ID is a randomly generated 14-digit
number used for the purposes of uniquely
identifying persons, authenticating them, and threading their health records (only with their
informed consent) across multiple systems and stakeholders.
- The citizens will be able to give their doctors and health providers one-time access to this
data during visits to the hospital for consultation.