Revised Admission Process for B.Des. and M.Des. for the academic year 2020-21 for MIT Institute of Design (MITID), Pune and Avantika University, Ujjain.
(Please read the entire process carefully)
Due to the present outbreak of Covid19 and the restrictions imposed on travel, assembly of people at one location; we have decided to change the admission process for the academic year 2020-21. As there is a probability of restrictions in future also, it is difficult to conduct the pen and paper test and studio tests/interviews for admissions 2020. In view of this and without compromising on the quality of selection process, we have decided to conduct the admission process using three different parameters.
This admission process will be applicable for admissions at MIT Institute of Design MITID Pune and Avantika University Ujjain.The admission process will be as follows.
- MIT eDAT (Online Design Aptitude Test)
- Shortlisting of Candidates for the second round.
- Assessment of Design Inclination (Problem Solving) assignments.
- Portfolio review and grading.
- Declaration of final results.
1. MIT eDAT: ( Date: 9th May 2020 Time: 10.00 am to 11.30 am IST)
- This will be the qualifying test for the second round.
- The candidate will appear for this test from his/her own residence or place of stay. They are not supposed to assemble at any location in group for giving this test.
- The test will be of 1hr 30minutes duration which will have multiple choice questions (MCQ).
- The questions in the MIT eDAT will be based on criteria which will assess students Design Inclination, Analytical & Logical Thinking, Communication skills & Personality trends.
- It is a proctored test. The system conducting the test will have anti-malpractice surveillance and defaulters will be debarred from the entire admission process.
- Jumbled question sets along with jumbled question sequence will be followed in order to avoid the malpractices at the time of the test.
- In order to get used to the system and ensure the right configuration, a mock test will be conducted 5 days before the main test.
Pre-requisites of Candidate’s Machine for MIT eDAT
- Use a machine (Laptop/Desktop) that has Webcam available and working.
- Working Webcam is mandatory.
- Good internet connection without interruption (minimum 5 mbps per candidate)
- Minimum 4 GB RAM is required
Note: Also ensure that you have at least 100 Mb of disk space free. As you have to download 45 Mb file which will be used to launch the Design Aptitude Test.Operating System (OS)
- Windows (Win 7 and Win 10)
- Ubuntu (Ubuntu 14 and Ubuntu 16)
- MAC OS – Not supported.
- Windows 10 – Google Chrome – All versions.
- Windows 10 – Internet Explorer – All versions.
- Windows 10 – Firefox – Not supported
- Windows 7 – Google Chrome – All versions.
- Windows 7 – Internet Explorer – All versions.
- Windows 7 – Firefox – Version 46 to 56.
- Ubuntu – All versions.
- MAC OS – Not supported.
Process to appear for MIT eDAT
- The link for downloading the launcher will be sent to you on the email id registered with us.
- The candidates must download the launcher for their respective OS and take the Assessment. The application for Windows 7 and 10 is the same and is different for Ubuntu 14 and Ubuntu 16.
- Kindly Note the test launcher does not support on MAC OS
- You will have to register for the test (Details will be communicated separately along with the link to download the launcher)
- Take the mock test on the scheduled date to check whether your system supports the test and also get a feel so that you will be familiar with the user interface.
- Go for the test on 9th May 2020 at 10.00 am.
The shortlisting of candidates for MITID second round will be done as per the reservation norms of Maharashtra Government which are already published on our admission website.
The shortlisting of candidates for Avantika University second round will be done as per the norms of university & directives of Government of Madhya Pradesh.2. Problem Solving Assignments: ( Date: 9th May 2020 Time: 11.30am to 1.30 pm)
- The assignments along with the link to upload will be sent on your email id registered with us on 9th May after 10 am. and is to be solved in the stipulated time on the same day after the eDAT is over.
- There will be 2 problem solving assignments and you will have to solve it on 2 separate A4 size plain sheets.
- You have to write your Roll number on the right side of the paper.
- The problem-solving exercise must be done on a plain A4 size paper and must be uploaded in the stipulated time after the test time is over using the scan tool/ camera of any smartphone.
- The time to solve the Problem-solving assignments will be 11.30 am to 1.30pm & the timing to upload the scanned copies of assignments will be up to 2.30pm.
- You have to save the scan copy of your assignment sheets in PDF format.
- The file name of your PDF file should be your Roll No_ Q1 (For example if your Roll No is MITBDES12345 than you have to save the file as MITBDES12345_Q1 & for 2nd question MITBDES12345_Q2)
- You have to upload the scan copies of the assignments on the link provided to you in the email.
- The problem solving assignments section for B.Des. is of general nature.
- M.Des. students will have assignments related to the discipline they have applied for.
- The evaluation of these questions will be done only for those candidates who will qualify from the MIT eDAT.
3. Portfolio Review and Grading:
- Every candidate is supposed to submit the portfolio as per the specifications sent to you earlier via mail.
- Portfolios of shortlisted candidates will only be reviewed and graded after the result of MIT eDAT
For more details: https://www.mitid.edu.in/admissions.html